Discover the MadamSew Electric Fabric Scissors
- An Kesenne
Hi to all of you lovely sewing enthusiasts!
*** Happy New Year! ***
I hope you were able to spend time with the people you love during the Holidays and are ready for a fresh start in 2022! Will there be some sewing in the brand new year? I’m very curious to hear about all your plans!
I don’t know if you saw it, but we launched these Electric Fabric Scissors a couple of weeks ago. Electric what? Yes, fabric scissors! As we had a lot of Holiday promotions these past few weeks, we thought it would be nice to give this product the attention it deserves.
You don’t need trained muscular hands to make these scissors cut yards and yards of fabric. The strain on your hands is considerably less and the (horse)power these scissors have is just amazing! I have been using them for a while now and I have some things that are interesting to share with the MadamSew community.
If you are cutting lots of yards or even if you're just looking to increase your cutting productivity, these scissors might be the answer for you. What I consider to be the main pros:
- Your hands won't get tired like with regular scissors.
- You don't need a cutting mat like with rotary cutters.
- They cut through heavyweight fabrics (coat wool, denim, vinyl, canvas, etc) like butter!
- Multiple layers are never an issue.
- And last, but not least: no risk of jagged cuts!
For the cons, there is only one,or maybe 2.
- The power these scissors have, doesn’t come silently. They make some noise. I can’t express it in decibels, but you could compare the loudness to an electric razor,. I don’t really mind it, but I wanted you to know because I noticed that this is a fairly common complaint that other brands also get. You can hear the sound of the MadamSew Electric Fabric Scissors in the video that comes with this blog post.
- Cutting with these scissors will need some practice, especially if you want to cut very accurately. They are very easy to operate but they are not intended for detailed cutting, for example, mini pattern pieces for doll clothes. But, on the contrary, I've cut circular shapes, around different shaped pattern pieces(even the smaller ones), and that went really great.
Some neat features that I’m sure you will also like about this tool:
- the rechargeable battery
- the fact that it's a cordless tool
- they come with super quality blades, made from tungsten steel
- they have a very comfortable handle
- they are not heavy (11.39 ounces)
- they are also very safe to use. You can’t reach the sharp part of the blade with your fingers. I put my finger in between the blades when they are switched ON and not even a scratch!
So, to wrap it up, I would summarize this product as: “Fast and efficient cutting at the push of a button!!”
If you are looking for more technical information and user instructions, you can check out the ONLINE MANUAL we’ve published on our website.
If you are interested in buying these Electric Fabric Scissors, check out our great deal HERE.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll be happy to help where I can.
Sewing Blogger for MadamSew.com