The Stitch-in-the-ditch foot is one of the most popular and widely-used feet available for your sewing machine. This foot makes everything from edge stitching, to stitch-in-the-ditch, to heirloom sewing easier.
- Join fabric or lace: used to accurately stitch together two pieces of fabric or lace
- Stitch-in-the-Ditch: Run the blade along the seam line and you automatically get perfect 'stitch in the ditch' centered top stitching
- Topstitch/Edgestitch: Designed so you can topstitch or edgestitch like a pro (fast and accurate)
- Understitch: give your garment a professional look with perfect understitching that keeps the facing or lining from rolling toward the outside
- Applique: get that zig-zag stitch at the perfect spot to secure your applique beautifully
- Finish a seam with double top-stitching, as you see in ready-to-wear garments by using a double needle
- Markings on the side help you turn perfect corners
You can do so much with this foot, you will be amazed by the possibilities.
This Presser Foot is also included in our top-of-the-line 32 pcs Presser Foot Set.
FITS MOST SEWING MACHINES: This foot has a regular snap-on bar and fits all home & domestic sewing that have a low-shank system (Pfaff is an exception, see below for the adapter you need).
Fits on low shank models of these brand machines: Singer, Brother, Babylock, Euro-Pro, Janome, Kenmore, White, Juki, New Home, Necchi, Elna, Husqvarna Viking, Toyota, and most other low-shank domestic machines. Unsure what type your machine is? Click here to learn how to easily see if your machine has a low shank.
HIGH-SHANK, PFAFF, NOT SNAP-ON, OR BERNINA? You Need An ADAPTER!
- High Shank To Low Shank Snap-on Adapter. Click here.
- Yours is not snap-on? Low Shank Snap-On Adapter. Click here.
- PFAFF? Low Shank Snap-On Adapter. Click here.
- Bernina? Find your Bernina Adapter: Click here. (Be sure to select the bundle Bernina Adapter - Low Shank Snap-On Adapter!)
Read our complete article about shanks, adapters and presser feet to learn if you need an adapter for your specific sewing machine and if so, which one.
When Will I Receive My Order?
- You should receive your order within 2-5 business days after ordering. If you need your order quicker for whatever reason, please reach out to customer service and we will do our best to make sure you get it as soon as possible.
Do You Offer Refunds?
- Of course! All Madam Sew products come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, we stride to provide our customers with the best customer service possible. If you want to request a refund, please email our customer service email for help.
How Can I Contact You?
- Our customer service email is Hello@madamsew.com or you can call us at 1-844-284-5336.
Established in March of 2017 by brothers Mark and Richard Fiers, Madam Sew has grown to be more than just a store. We strive to build a community of sewers alike where people can get inspired by, and persue ideas with like-minded people. Our customers share inspiration, successes, & challenges with fellow sewing enthusiasts worldwide.
With over 100,000 orders successfully shipped and thousands of perfect five star reviews, we take great pride in the quality of our products.
Click here to learn more about us.
I just love sewing with my stitch-in-the-ditch pressure foot.
I have to say l 💙 all of the Madam Sew Products l have nearly all of them and they are all wonderful to use they never let me down so thank you Madam Sew from Australia 😃😎
I have been struggling for a long time to sew straight's line! THIS IS THE KEY TO A STRAIGHT'S LINE! IT SOOOOO WORTH YOUR MONEY! Compare to my previous project to now is a BIG BIG different! I'm a beginner sewer so trust me. It's so hard to sew a straight's line. I don't how people do it but this foot is my bestie!
Love the packaging with support and the instructions. Can't wait to begin using them.
I made jeans for the first time and this foot was absolutely fantastic for all of the edge stitching. Not sure how I've lived without it for so long.