The ¼” quilting foot with guide makes it easy for you to feed your quilt pieces through your sewing machine with an exact quarter inch seam allowance. Markings at the side indicate allow for perfect pivoting of corners and starting and stopping on complicated piecing. Also, use the Quilting Foot with Guide for stitching exactly 1/4" from a seam. This foot not only will keep your lines straight but it will keep your quilting stress free! That is a huge plus for both the novice and experienced quilter. Relax and enjoy your sewing!
- This foot has a built-in guide bar to help create perfect 1/4″ seams and super straight topstitching. No more ripping to fix your seams!
- The markings on the front of this foot are measurement guides designed to help keep your stitches exact.
- The markings along the side of this foot allow for easy and flawless pivoting at the corners of blocks.
- The benefits for quilters are obvious, but it is also a great help when sewing on bias tape or doing topstitching.
Tips for using the Quilting Foot:
- It can only be used in a single needle application with the center straight stitch. Check your needle position after attaching this foot as the hole the needle passes through is small!
- Align the raw edge off two fabric layers against the guide at the right side of the foot. Lower the presser foot and stitch away.
- The narrow toe on the left side can be used as a guide for small piece work or mini quilts.
- Maintaining a perfect 1/4″ seam while turning a corner is easy. Stitch until the edge of fabric aligns with the mark on the narrowest part of foot; leave needle and down position, lift up pressure foot and pivot. Return presser foot to down position and continue stitching with fabric against the guide. This technique works for both quilting and top stitching.
This sewing machine foot can change the way you think about topstitching and quilting.
This Presser Foot is also included in our top-of-the-line 32 pcs Presser Foot Set.
FITS MOST SEWING MACHINES: This foot has a regular snap-on bar and fits all home & domestic sewing that have a low-shank system (Pfaff is an exception, see below for the adapter you need).
Fits on low shank models of these brand machines: Singer, Brother, Babylock, Euro-Pro, Janome, Kenmore, White, Juki, New Home, Necchi, Elna, Husqvarna Viking, Toyota and most other low-shank domestic machines. Unsure what type your machine is? Click here to learn how to easily see if your machine has a low shank.
HIGH-SHANK, PFAFF, NOT SNAP-ON, OR BERNINA? You Need An ADAPTER!
- High Shank To Low Shank Snap-on Adapter. Click here.
- Yours is not snap-on? Low Shank Snap-On Adapter. Click here.
- PFAFF? Low Shank Snap-On Adapter. Click here.
- Bernina? Find your Bernina Adapter: Click here. (Be sure to select the bundle Bernina Adapter - Low Shank Snap-On Adapter!)
Read our complete article about shanks, adapters and presser feet to learn if you need an adapter for your specific sewing machine and if so, which one.